Sasha Jacob, MBA
President & CEO
Mr. Jacob is the Chairman & CEO of Jacob Capital Management Inc. an independent financial advisory firm focused on the renewable power and energy sectors. Mr. Jacob brings 20 years of experience in the power sector, including founding and leading the power and infrastructure practice at a leading Canadian investment bank, as well as several years in senior political positions as Special Assistant to the Ontario Minister of Energy. He has managed over 100 transactions in the renewable sector, and has participated in renewable financings valued at more than $7 billion. Mr. Jacob was recognized by Institutional Investor as one of the “5 Most Influential Emerging Players in Renewable Energy” globally.
Mr. Jacob received a BA from Bishop’s University, his MBA from Sir Wilfrid Laurier University and is completing his LLM at University of Toronto. He was the recipient of the Laurier MBA Alumni 2009 Outstanding Executive Leadership Award and the Bishop’s University Top 10 After 10. Mr. Jacob serves on the Boards of several charitable organizations including as Vice Chairman of World Wildlife Fund (WWF Canada), Director of Plan International Canada and is a member of the Board of Young Presidents’ Organization, YPO Maple Leaf Chapter.
– First Investment Banker in Canada to focus on Renewables
– Arranged the first ever pure play wind company financing in Canada
– Financed the developer of the first ever wind project in Ontario
– Co-Founder of the largest hydro developer in Sri Lanka
– Co-Founder of the largest hydro developer in Uganda
– Managed the first ever Production Tax Credit financing in geothermal in the United States
– Managed the most geothermal financings globally for public companies
– Managed the largest renewable fund in Canada from 2007-2012
– First investment banker in Canada to work on offshore wind projects in Europe
– Exclusive investment banker for the largest offshore wind developer in Canada
– Founder of Ceylon Graphite (CYL:TSXV), responsible for reviving the graphite industry in Sri Lanka